Thursday, April 20, 2006


He is growing up..so fast...despite my wishes to the contrary. I see him becoming more like a man and less like a little boy every day. Today I finally broke down and got him a cell phone. Ive resisted this for so long for one, because its an extra expense we really dont need, and two because I just thought he wanted one because every other kid he knows has one. I finally gave in because Imm having a hard time keeping tabs on him. He is going further and further away from home and when I need to find him, or give him a message it takes me forever to locate him. The other reason is one Ive been thinking about ever since he broke his wrist. He was in the woods with a couple friends and they were doing jumps on their bikes. Well he tried one particular stunt, didnt make it, and fell and broke his wrist. Luckily one of his friends had a cell phone, and let him use it to call me...if it hadnt been for this friend..it would have been a long painful walk home for ds-14 to finally get me. That got me thinking about all of the dangers he faces, and puts himself into. It does make me feel a little more secure knowing that he is just a phonecall away. The salesgirl tried to sell me on the new gps locator to put on his phone..so I could find out where he is...lol...that was tempting..but not worth an extra$10 a month for it. The thought of lojacking my kid was pretty amausing. After all I have id chips in both of my dogs in case they get lost, so they can be returned....why not lojack my kid?? Somehow I dont think he'd see the humour in it....lol.

No comments: